In recent weeks, the Tesla Model 3 Highland has been creating quite a buzz in the automotive world, and for good reason. As anticipation builds ahead of its initial deliveries, we’re getting a closer look at this refreshed version of the beloved Model 3. One key aspect that has grabbed our attention is the impressive measurements of its trunk, sub-trunk, and frunk. Let’s dive into the details shared by X user @DerCaspar and explore what makes the Model 3 Highland stand out.
Tesla Model 3 Highland Trunk: Versatile and Spacious
- With the back row up, the trunk offers a generous 107 cm of space (~42.1 inches).
- Fold down the back row seats, and you’ll have an impressive 187 cm (~73.6 inches) of cargo space.
- If you need even more room, moving the back row seats forward extends the space to 210 cm (~82.7 inches).
- For those big items, folding the back row down till the front screen provides an expansive 270 cm (~106.3 inches) of cargo space.
- The width between the wheel covers is 94 cm (~37 inches).
- Access is a breeze with a trunk opening height of 46 cm (~18.1 inches).
Tesla Model 3 Highland Sub-Trunk: Compact and Convenient
- The sub-trunk, located beneath the main trunk, boasts a height till the sub-trunk cover of 29 cm (~11.4 inches).
- It’s narrowest at a width of 63 cm (~24.8 inches).
- The depth of the sub-trunk is 32 cm (~12.6 inches).
Tesla Model 3 Highland Frunk: Surprisingly Spacious
- The frunk, or front trunk, offers a frunk height of 23 cm (~9.1 inches).
- Its width measures 72 cm (~28.3 inches).
- The frunk’s depth is 35 cm (~13.8 inches).
These dimensions reveal a versatile storage space in the Model 3 Highland, making it ideal for various cargo needs.
Comparing to the Pre-2024 Model 3 (Non-Highland)
To put these measurements into perspective, let’s compare them to the previous Model 3 version:
Pre-2024 Tesla Model 3 (Non-Highland) Trunk:
- With the back row up, it offers 107 cm (~42.1 inches) of space.
- Fold down the back row seats for 190 cm (~74.8 inches) of cargo space.
- Moving the back row seats completely forward extends the space to 206 cm (~81.1 inches).
- The width between the wheel covers remains the same at 94 cm (~37 inches).
- The trunk opening height is 46 cm (~18.1 inches).
Pre-2024 Tesla Model 3 (Non-Highland) Sub-Trunk:
- The sub-trunk has a height of 30 cm (~11.8 inches).
- Its deepest depth is 46 cm (~18.1 inches).
- The width is 61 cm (~24 inches).
Pre-2024 Tesla Model 3 (Non-Highland) Frunk:
- The frunk offers a frunk height of 20 cm (~7.9 inches).
- The frunk depth is 38 cm (~15 inches).
- Its width remains at 71 cm (~28 inches).
These comparisons highlight the substantial increase in storage space in the Model 3 Highland, making it a practical choice for those with varying cargo needs.
Other Notable Features in the Tesla Model 3 Highland
Beyond its impressive dimensions, Caspar also noted several standout features in the Model 3 Highland. These include:
- An advanced infotainment screen in the back row.
- Updated headlights and a more Model S-like exterior appearance.
- Enhanced sound dampening for a quieter ride.
- The ability to control climate and seat heating separately for rear passengers.
- Customizable ambient lighting strip across the front interior.
- Rear fog lights that flash when the trunk is opened, a new feature for the refreshed Model 3.
As the excitement continues to build around the Model 3 Highland, users have been highlighting other new features like Auto-Shift out of Park, updated airbag placement, and a blindspot indicator. Additionally, the recent registration of the Model 3 Highland with the China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology has revealed its size, further piquing the interest of Tesla enthusiasts.
In conclusion, the Tesla Model 3 Highland is not only a marvel in terms of storage space but also boasts a range of exciting updates and features. Whether you’re a fan of its spacious trunk, high-tech infotainment, or sleek exterior, the Model 3 Highland is set to make a significant impact in the world of electric cars.